The Election is over, and we have a new President. As I have pondered this, my spirits have been very down, very low today. I am feeled with worry, with dread. A feeling that I cannot shake no matter how I try. I voted for John McCain yesterday, as did Dustin. We felt he was the man that could continue to lead this Country and keeps us safe form terrorists, and from liberal thinking. As I watched Obama sweep this election, my heart broke. I believe he is a man that can speak very well, he can win an audience with his words. I also believe he is a man that we do not know. He never really told us what he was going to DO to handle the crisis this Country is in. I also fear his religious beliefs, and what that means for our religious future as a country. He had a very radical Preacher as a friend for more that twenty years. A Preacher that did not respect our country, nor most of us that live in it. My boys little faces pop into my head as I think about the future, and as I wait, with all of you to see where this new President will take us. As I have thought and worried over these things and as I type this, I have oddly come to a little peace within myself. I know that my Heavenly Father lives, I know that His Son Jesus Christ lives, that He atoned for us. I KNOW that He will not leave us alone if we are living as He has asked us to. So what will I do now? I will prepare for the future of this country by doing as I should. I will pray daily, I will read my scriptures, I will attend my meetings, and most of all I will help instill Testimonies in my little boys that will not and cannot be broken no matter what is to come. My beliefs and my family are everything to me, and I know that I can have those things FOREVER. I love this Gospel with all of my heart, I love knowing that no matter what is in store, I have a Father that loves me, and guides me and my family in the direction we are to go.
I am so beyond excited that Prop 102 passed here in Arizona, as well as Prop 8 in California. We know the importance and sacredness of marriage, and we have helped protect that. Thanks to all of you for doing your part. I hope you don't mind that I have shared this today, I have just had it on my mind and writing always helps me.
What are your thoughts on the election?
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Today's Feelings...
Posted by
The Price Family
at
2:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
I've come to the conclusion that we are going to be okay. America wanted change and voted for such, let's see if he can deliver. If nothing else then this is a cycle. If Obama stinks then he will be with us 4 years, if he does a good job, then 8. Then it will be time for someone new. Time will tell.
I know girl. I have had a gloomy day as well. The man doesnt even agree with our constitution that our founding fathers created to protect the country and its people, how sad. He doesnt even salute the flag for the country he wants to be pres in. Sounds like scary territory to me too. He also voted against DOMA of all things. But he is now the pres and there is nothing we can do but pray that he does right by our country.
I think Obama will be good for our economy. His views on religion/marriage/abortions was not the same as mine so we voted Mccain also. I wish Romney was his vice president and maybe he would have done better? Time will tell.
YEs, I have also tried to resign myself to the fact that we will be okay. The Lord will take care of us, if we continue to do our part to live righteously. I just hope it turns out better than we think it will.
Just remember the Lord is in charge. Keep doing the things you talkied about in your post. Stay close to our Heavenly Father. Work on your food storage. Make sure you have your 3 month supply and then work on your long term supply. Listen to the Prophets and we will be ok. If we are prepared we shall not fear. Wish I was there to give you a hug.
Love you
Uncle Ron
I have had many of those same feeling. Well said!!!
Hey! We were wondering what happened to you guys!:) We would have loved to see your little family. But COMPLETLY understand! Things happen :) Soon though!!!!
P.s Carter ADORES that Dinosaur. Way worth the money! :) Your little guy would be sure to love it too.And probably Dustin to for that matter! ;)Its cute.
I hear you big time. I couldn't agree more with your comments and feelings. Pres. Packard said it best recently "Things are going to change, and they are going to change DRASTICALLY"... he also said that we "need not fear". That brings me comfort... thank goodness the Prop's passed (I totally agree with you). There is some morality left in our country yet. :)
Ditto! I too had to get it off my chest and felt much better once I did. Thanks for sharing your testimony with us.
Post a Comment