Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Titanic


A few months back we went to the Titanic exhibit at Chandler Fashion Square. It was amazing. I love history. As soon as you got there, you were given a boarding pass with one of the actual passengers names and information on it, along with who they were traveling with and what deck or room they were in. After that, you could have your picture taken in front of the Grand Stair Case. Then you entered the exhibit. It was very dark, and cool inside so that everything could be preserved. They had actual artifacts recovered from the Titanic inside. Everything from pieces of the boat, to passengers personal items. Inside music played, the same music that was played on the Titanic. Dustin and I slowly looked at everything, impressed with how well preserved it was, and just overwhelmed with the feeling that these were actual people, and these were their things left behind for us to look at. At the end of the exhibit, they had a board with names on it, and you could find the names on your ticket and see whether they lived or died. Very emotional to me, families lost their lives together, and some were separated. I would recommend it to anyone should it come back again. Well worth it.

2 comments:

Heather K said...

Very cool

{Bryanna} said...

Hey, thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry you went through it to. you don't fully understand something like this until it happens to you. you know what I mean? So, it helps to know that others can overcome it to. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! And Im happy for your growing family!! Boys rock!!
:) Bryanna