Sunday, August 17, 2008

Phelps Fever!



He did it! Talk about inspiration to do anything, this man accomplished the impossible...8 GOLD MEDALS in ONE Olympic Games. Dustin and I were glued to the TV every night to watch him race. Our kids looked at us like we were crazy as we jumped up and down cheering him to victory. Catcher actually caught on, and would say watch mom I can do it, and would pretend to be the great swimmer. I am sad that the swimming competitions are over, and we will have to wait another four years to see this amazing talent again. I think he impresses me not only for his talent, but his sportsmanship, and his love for his mother and sisters. He has inspired me to try a little harder in my life, and to take the word CAN'T out of my vocabulary. Way to go Phelps!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh good, I'm not alone! I've been obsessed with Phelps too. I thought I was going to go into early labor watching the race for medal #7! So exciting!

ANDERSONS said...

He truly is amazing, I am so happy for him and his accompishments. David and I watched pretty much watched all of his races and it was funny ever time Tannon saw someone swimming on TV she would say " Go Micheal" it was to funny.

Marisa said...

We are totalyl obsessed too! Madisyn keeps asking me when her boy is going to swim again.

DT Young Family said...

I'm glad to hear we weren't the only ones jumping up and down cheering! Awesome accomplishment!

The Gooding Family said...

Hi Sara, thanks for your comment on my blog earlier~ I really appreciate your kind words.

As for Phelps...we missed it this time around but I am going to have to get a hold of reruns or something since everyone is talking about him. Very inspiring!

Treasure said...

It's good to know that we are not the only ones that get crazy over stuff like this. We loved watching Phelps as well. He totally rocks!!!

Laura and Jimmy said...

we are currently without tv (just moved, haven't called cox yet), but we watched a few of his events online and WOW!!! Totally inspiring!