Monday, September 8, 2008

Overnight Fun.....

Norton boys and Catcher, Tami found some great
rocks to stop and get pictures by, turned out cute.

Catcher had to have a picture in this hole...

Cute

The Price Family...

Meteor Crater...big hole

Dustin and the boys

Love this picture...the boys hanging out
on some rocks by a lookout point.

Holden, Catcher, Tami & Gunnar

What do you see Crew boy?

Crew hanging on the edge.

This is just to give you an idea of where
Crew was standing in the above picture.

Dustin helped Catcher smash a penny while we were there.

Crew walking to Gunnar. Crew totally took off over
Labor Day weekend, and hasn't looked back.

There was a wall of Fame of Astronauts...and Catch is pointing to his favorite.

Boys next to a spaceship capsule at the crater...
This is an actual Apollo mission capsule. Pretty cool.

Pretty flowers.

The rowdy boy gang. (My boys fell in love with the Norton boys!)

Catch coloring at the restaurant...patiently waiting for his food.

We pushed our beds together because neither of our
boys have the ability to stay on a bed...they roll off!

View from our room...the mountains were so green.

Dustin and Holden kicking back and enjoying the cool air...windows were open
and it felt so nice in the room.

Crew just glad to have his pants off and to be running around.

We had the chance to run away to Flagstaff for a quick overnighter for Labor Day. We went with the Norton Family and had a blast. We enjoyed the awesome weather and the great company. We did some site seeing that we had never done. We stopped at Meteor Crater and spent about an hour there touring and taking pictures. It was a fast trip, but we really had fun, and it was good to get out of the city heat for a bit. Thanks Norton's for putting up with us and letting us tag along!

9 comments:

Marisa said...

How fun!! I can't believe how big Crew looks sitting all alone on that rock. Can you imagine having a bed that big? I am thinking great, since we are never going to be able to put Madisyn in her own room.

The Ray Family said...

So Jealous! Looks like a way fun fast trip! I love flagstaff. We have contemplated moving there in the past couple years. So pretty there!!! Cute family picture of you guys and I cant believe Tami and treks boys are SOOO BIG!!! Boy how time flies huh!? Thanks for always keeping up on how Nielson is doing. You are so sweet! He is doing somewhat better. He has another dose of shots in his discs tomrrow so we are crossing our fingers that they shrink his bulging some more. Poor Nielson! I promise we will get together soon, things are def getting better around here!!!! Love ya

Heather K said...

How fun....flagstaff is beautiful. I have never seen those sites either and we have all grew up in AZ. That is fun to hang out with your sister and all the boys! CUTIES!

Anonymous said...

My heart jumped a little when I realized where Crew was standing on that lookout thingy. I'm so afraid of heights but he looks like he's just fine. Isn't Flagstaff great for those get-the-heck-outta-Mesa trips. I always relished the summers when I lived up there.

Heather said...

What a nice weekend! I have never been to the meteor site, heck I have lived in AZ all my dang life and haven't been to the Grand Canyon, I hear it is one of the 7 wonders of the world! ;) I need to get out more. Like on that double date with you! Let's set it up Sara! Or at least another girl's lunch.

Cottrells said...

What a fun trip, I remember doing that same thing as a kid when we'd spend summer's up there(My dad working, my mom going to NAU). I bet the weather was fab.

Jason said...

what a nice weekend getaway. i've never done any sight seeing in flagstaff-- but i know i've been there. i'll have to pay more attention next time!
by the way... i love it when i actually see YOU in the pictures! before we moved here jason got me a subscription for us weekly-- that celeb gossip magazine. anyway-- i was flipping through it and thought i saw YOU-- but it was just selma hayek.

Ron and Debbie said...

We sure enjoy your blog. What a wonderful family you have. Your kids are dang cute!

Love ya

Uncle Ron

Rifle Fam said...

What a fun trip! Haven't been there in forever. Looks like you had a great time.