Update: Bronx is doing well with the cereal with just b-milk in it. So, now we have to rule out some other things, such as apple juice and fruit, he has had trouble with both of those....but as for now, we know rice is not the culprit. Thanks to those who left a comment!
Have any of you ever had a baby get sick after eating Rice Cereal? I never have until now. I tried starting Bronx on cereal a month ago, without success. He became violently ill, vomiting...the projectile kind, and then after that was done, he would heave and heave, from his toes heave and became very weak. I ended up taking him to the ER worried that he was going to be in some kind of trouble. They told me he probably had a stomach bug and gave him something for the nausea and watched us for a while before sending us home. So its been a month, I thought I would try cereal again, thinking that he just had a stomach bug last time. He only took a few bites and became very cranky. I put him to sleep and he slept for maybe an hour and then woke up crying. I picked him up and he projected vomit all over me...this continued the same as last time for HOURS. He gets so ill (I have never seen a baby vomit so much that they actually get to nothing but bile coming up). I am worried he has an allergy to rice. I have called his pediatrician and he wants me to try one more time with just breast milk mixed in the cereal, not formula or anything and see how he does. I am afraid to try it because it breaks my heart to watch him go through it. If any of you have had this experience or know anyone that has....let me know what you did. Even if I don't know you personally, and you happen to swing by our blog and have an answer...please do! I need advice. Thank you in advance!







2 comments:
That is so sad!!! I would have taken my baby to the ER too, that is scary. I'm sorry! I don't blame you for being scared to try again. Has he ever had formula before? Maybe he has a milk or iron allergy. Maybe you could try cooking regular rice yourself really mushy, mashing it up really well and mixing it thin with breast milk. that way you know everything he's eating is a-natur-al. good luck!! be sure to post what you find out, i am curious. :(
Yikes! I wish I had advice, the only allergy we've delt with is cinnamon(I know right?) Good luck though. Had fun catching up on your blog. Your boys are so cute. Hang in there!
Post a Comment