skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Crew is so very lucky to have his Aunt Crystal as his Preschool teacher. He is also lucky to have cousins in his Preschool class. It makes for fun days at school and super fun on field trips. Madisyn, Rosin and Crew are the three amigos. Earlier in the school year they got to go on a field trip to a dairy. I was lucky enough to get to go with them. Bronx also came along cause he is just spoiled like that.
Here they are...the three amigos. These three are going to have so much fun together in life.
B is all ready to go see some cows and taste some homemade ice cream.
Mad and Crew were like this most of the time. Mad assumes the role of protector over Crew, and Crew is just fine with that. He is so shy in public and appreciates someone willing to take his hand and lead the way.
Here they are on the tractor ride. They got to tour around the diary and learned some interesting facts about dairy cows. I learned that I am very glad that I am not a dairy cow because they have to stay pregnant. After they have a calf, they are given a few months rest and then become pregnant again to maintain their milk supply. Thanks but no thanks! Also, once the calf's are 24 hrs old, they are taken from their Moms and sent to a calf farm where they are raised for 14 months and then sent back to the dairy to continue the cycle. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for these dairy cows, I mean how else would I get my yogurt and ice cream!
Here is a little calf that was born just a couple of hours before we arrived.
Here is the wonderful Mrs. Crystal a.k.a Aunt Crystal. She is a fabulous teacher and has helped my boys grow so much.
Here is the resident unicorn at the dairy. Really, he is, look at his horns. I believe his name was something along the lines of Unicorn.
Crew feeding a goat. It some convincing but he finally did it. Rosin is lending moral support.
Rosin feeding the Unicorn.
Crystal getting in on the action.
Here is Madisyn waiting for feed the horse some carrots. I was not able to convince Crew that it was a good idea.
However, he was willing to hold a chicken, go figure.
1 comments:
How fun! I miss going with my kids on field trips! Now that my kids are in elemtary, teachers don't ask me anymore, is that cuz my younger kids are terrors?!? Your boys are so handsome!
Post a Comment