Monday, January 5, 2009

The Bad Guys Win......

(Not actual Picture of my Purse)

Lesson learned the hard way. Saturday was going to be like any other Saturday...WAS going to be. Let me tell you what happened. Dustin was gone working with his brother, and the boys and I got up, after a short sleep in, and got ready to go to Catcher's meet the Teacher. He was so cute and excited to meet his teacher and to move up to CTR 5. We went, had a great breakfast, and a great time. After that was over, we ran home, grabbed our library bag, and off we went for books....one of our favorite things to do together. Well, here is where the day turns from good to bad. I, stupidly, just grabbed the library bag, sat my diaper bag on the floor of the truck, grabbed the boys and off we went to find some new adventures to read. After about 15 minutes inside, my phone rang, and it was my mom saying she was ready to meet us for lunch. So we checked out, and headed out to the truck....only to find that my window was broken and my bag was gone. My heart dropped. I was parked in the middle of a CROWDED parking lot, not very far from the front, and someone had done this, and no one had seen?! Long story short, my bag is gone along with my wallet, and so much more. I had that diaper bag loaded for my boys, and had personal items of mine inside that were important to me. I had my boys shot records in the back zipper...I always carried them because if I didn't, I forgot them when I went to the doctor. Well needless to say, it is all somewhere else right now, along with all of my money that I had. As many of you I am sure, we are tight right now, and what we have is what we have. Well....someone else thought I had more than them and took what I had. Little do they know, I am worse off then them. We work hard for what we have, and I cannot imagine what that person is like, a person who can steal from someone so easily. GO GET A JOB....LIKE THE REST OF US! Anyway, I could go on and on. I have had a very hard weekend, I feel very violated, as silly as that may seem. I feel like a very personal part of me is out there. I am considering going private on my blog, only for the fact that my boys names were in my bag, and so was my drivers license with our address. Not that I think anyone is really coming after us, but if they were to choose to use identities or anything like that, I feel my blog gives out maybe to much information to them. I will let you know if I decide to go private...thanks for listening to me VENT!

10 comments:

{Bryanna} said...

My heart sank reading this! Im really sorry that something this aweful happend to you guys. I would feel very violated to. I don't blame you if you go private. I hope they get caught!
;( Bryanna

The Ray Family said...

Oh look! You did make a new post! Im so sorry that happened to you!! People can be so awfull!!! There is something so private about a girls personal bag and wallet. I dont blame you for feeling violated. To bad they didnt have cameras in there parking lot!!! I hope your week is better!!!

DT Young Family said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Dylan's car got broken into a few years ago, and we felt so violated too. It's an awful feeling. Hope you have a better week too!

Heather said...

Oh Sara! That is awful. We have been broken into and had things taken, trashed around, it is terrible and I totally felt violated too.

Devin and Melinda said...

Sorry to hear about that! I've been thinking of going private too, I just haven't done it yet.

ANDERSONS said...

Oh my gosh that is horrible. I can not believe someone would do that, it makes me sick to think about what this world is coming to. The same thing happened to my mom but at a park and my mom saw the whole thing happen and she said it happen so fast. I am so sorry sara!

Peterson Family said...

I am SOOOOOO sorry. I think that the word 'violated' is right on. We were vandalized when we were newlyweds and Mark had left his wallet, backpack (including textbooks, graphing calculator, etc.) and a jacket from Spain, and the only cash we had left for Christmas (not much). Gone. I canceled our debit and credit cards, but since we didn't notice until the morning the thief spent some money at Walmart (at least we got that back).

What is wrong with people? You have every right to be angry and I am so sorry that you lost things that were valuable to you. That totally stinks.

Shelli said...

I HATE people that think they can just take whatever they want whenever they feel like it. The worst part is that the police don't do anything about it and the criminals know this so they just keep doing it. I hope that this is the end and that nothing else goes wrong. Love ya guys!!!

Jodi said...

That really stinks! I had this happen a few years ago and they used my identity for weeks. Even had the cops come to my house once. I hope this doesn't happen to you. Check your credit report once in a while - mine was being used for cell phones and store cards (JCpenney). So sorry, We love you guys!

Heather K said...

That is nauseating! I bet you feel violated. That is horrible. Hopefully someone turns the rest in sometime. Probably not the money. I have been thinking about going private too but then my grandmas couldn't figure it out?