Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nana

Nana and the boys, Halloween 2007


Nana, Catcher & Grami sitting in the golf cart

Last week, we lost Dustin's Nana. She had a massive stroke. We are so thankful to Heavenly Father, she didn't have to suffer long. He took her home quickly. I love going to visit Dustin's parents, and it was always a plus to have Nana come in and join in the conversation. I think it is so neat to sit and listen to stories of the way life used to be. Nana was 82 when she passed, but you wouldn't know it. She didn't let much slow her down. I loved her smile, it was always present when we were around. Waiting for Nana was her sweet husband Leo, and her little dog Missy. What a reunion I am sure! I am grateful to know the Plan of Salvation and to know that we will be with her again. We love you Nana.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am sorry for your loss but know you have the right perspective. It really isn't a bad/sad thing to lose someone because they aren't lost and the reunion is going to be far greater than we can imagine.

The Ray Family said...

Im sorry for your loss. But also happy that she gets to be greeted by her Husband. What a sweet thing!!

Heather K said...

Sweet tribute! Sorry for your loss but it will be a special time to remember her and good memories.