Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tubes....

Daddy and Catch all snuggled up in the waiting room while mom got him all checked in.

Getting his pulse and oxygen checked out before surgery. They gave him these cute little red socks
to keep his feet warm. Also, so that he didn't slip on the hospital floor as they walked him
down the hallway away from mom and dad (sob, sob)!

Catcher got to take his Buzz Lightyear with him for support. As you can see, he is covered in stickers.
He stole the check-in nurses heart, she just made sure he had anything and everything he wanted. His daddy was proud =)!

Crew and I just thought we would show that we were there too with our Catcher. Crew
thinks that his brother is the best!

On December 17th Catcher had to go for surgery. He had to have tubes put in his ears. Since Catcher was little he has had terrible, terrible ear infections. The Doctors kept hoping that he was going to outgrow them, but it just wasn't in the cards. Dustin and I decided that we had had enough of watching Catcher hurt and be sick, so we had the surgery scheduled. Catcher did great. We were so proud of him and how brave he was. We got to go back into the "holding" area with him as they got him all check in, but then the hard part came.....they took him away from us. The surgical nurse came and told Catch that she was going to be his grandma for a bit, and that she would take good care of him. He held her hand and walked so bravely down the hall and through the operating room doors. Dustin and I headed back out into the waiting room...as bravely as we could...and waited. Well it was only about 10 minutes later and the Doc. was out to tell us he was done, and that Catcher did great! Anyway, he is still doing great. Catcher is finally feeling good, and is just flying now days. Great job Catch!! We love you!






















1 comments:

The Ray Family said...

Aww...That would just break my heart! I'm glad he was so brave, probably more for your sake though :) I'm glad he is doing better. Carter has never had an Ear Infection yet. "Knock on Wood"..I know! I am so gratefull though!
Carter Loves his Buzz too. To Cute!