Just wanted to give a little update on Crew. He is still not doing well. We did end up taking him back to the Doctor yesterday...and today. I called the Doctor's office yesterday and told them that I had been doing Crew's treatments and they just didn't seem to be helping. They asked how often I was having to do them, and I said every two to three hours...so they said get him in here. Anyway, his little lungs were closed up pretty tight, so they ended up giving him some kind of a shot with a steroid in it to try and open the lungs up, and then they also put him on an oral steroid, and said to keep him on his treatments every two to three hours, and hopefully we would see a change. On top of that, he has strep in his ear...WHAT? Who knew that could happen. So he is really sick...well we went back today because they wanted to do a re-check today to see if the shot and steroids had helped....and no they hadn't. He was actually breathing more rapidly and doing worse than yesterday. They checked his oxygen levels and they were not good, so they called the hospital and were told that there weren't any available beds right now. So then they decided to do some "super" breathing treatment (I am not sure what the name of it was,) but I was told that it is not something they frequently use, but sometimes it will open their lungs up. So after this treatment, Crew was doing a little better and seemed to be moving more air. I asked if I could get some of that stuff to take home to use in my machine and was told I would have to bring him back to the DR for another treatment of it...I couldn't have any. WHAT THE HECK!! Anyway, they sent us off for chest x-rays, and we won't know the results of those till tomorrow morning. In the mean time, we just continue his treatments and and try to stay out of the hospital. Jade and Dustin did give him a blessing...so we are just going to put our faith in that. So that is our update today...
Catcher is doing good, and has been a big helper in trying to keep Crew happy during treatments...thanks Catch!






7 comments:
I guess you are in control of that snow outing . Get those boys better first then we will plan a day trip to Payson. Hope you are getting a little restso you dont get sick next If you need a nap call I can give breathing treatments also. Love you!!!!
What the heck! What is with your family and asthma, lung related issues? Get better little buddy!
Oh Girl!! I am so sorry! You are probably getting no rest huh?! My ear would be glued to his mouth listening 24/7. Your poor boys!! I am glad Catcher is doing better and can help out. Poor Crew!! I hope he gets better SOON!! Keep us updated!!
Seriously, that little boy needs to get better! He is in our prayers... every night!
Poor kid! I hope he gets better soon! I am glad Catcher is doing better! Good luck!!
No fun at your house. Mallory has the flu with the pooh and the puke. Yuck! She is extra cuddly when she is sick though. When will spring come, I am ready! Hang in there....
Sara, I just love your new blog look!! It is sooo dang cute! You can start making mine for me :) LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment