After we dropped Catcher off at school on his first day, the boys and I came home and Dustin headed off to work. I worked around the house a bit, trying to keep myself busy so that I didn't sit and miss Catch, and Crew picked a cartoon to watch. After a little while I walked back into the kitchen and found Crew just laying on the kitchen counter, bored out of his little mind. He was just laying there staring at the wall. I said his name softly and he didn't turn around, and so I said it a little louder and he still didn't turn around. So I got closer and touched his back and he turned to look at me. I asked him what he was doing and he simply said, I miss Catcher. He seemed almost lost without Catcher home. I decided that the housework could wait and picked him up and sat down and finished his movie with him and just snuggled. Before I knew it, he and Bronx were sound asleep in my lap as we rocked away in the rocking chair. I sat there for a minute and realized that even though we all missed Catcher being home, that we had a new opportunity. An opportunity for Crew and I to get to know each other one on one. I tell you, he is a character. He makes me laugh so hard, and I am loving my time with him. I am happy to report that he has learned to enjoy mom too, and no longer just lays on the kitchen counter with a broken heart. We both have realized that Catcher does come back home when school is out, and that he gets to have weekends off. So we play with him then, but during the week, I enjoy getting to know my Crew boy in a new way, and enjoy watching him step into the big brother role for those few hours. He is a great kid. I have been blessed with three great boys.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I hear ya! Kenton is in Kindergarten and Kardon in preschool. Kindsey actually only has about 30 min. to have "no boys" since Kardon goes in the morning and Kenton in the afternoon, but she and Kadence have a lot of fun together! Kids don't stay little for long!
That is so cute! Well, I'm really happy to report that while Crew is missing his big brother...Tatum is enjoying him at school! She was moved into Mrs. W's class the second week of school and I told her to keep an eye out for Catcher. When she came home she said that they sat right next to each other! Tatum is a chit chatter...and although she claims to be well behaved and not talk to the kids at her table I would still like to take the opportunity now to apologize for any popsicle sticks that he gets as a result of our little social butterflY!
Post a Comment